Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Port Security

Bush Shrugs Off Objections to Port Deal
"Brushing aside objections from Republicans and Democrats alike, President Bush endorsed the takeover of shipping operations at six major U.S. seaports by a state-owned business in the United Arab Emirates. He pledged to veto any bill Congress might approve to block the agreement.
...
'It sends a terrible signal to friends around the world that it's OK for a company from one country to manage the port, but not a country that plays by the rules and has got a good track record from another part of the world,' Bush said."
I'm sorry, I am not one of those, oh my god these A-rabs are going to kill us all if they take over these ports, people. No I think that Americans should be in charge of protecting American ports. Call me old fashioned if you will, but it just seems to make sense. I don't think having ANY foreign country in charge of any part of our security is not right.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:20 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment