Disconnected Rumblings

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Cheney divisions

Ok I just read this article literally 2 minutes ago and I have to link to it.

Lynne, Dick Cheney Differ on Gay Marriage

Fascinating! I always thought that the things that Bush and Cheney said while campaigning in 2000 differs significantly from their stands on issues now. They ran on a more moderate ticket, and then barely won the election (or not, however you look at it). And then instead of embracing the other side, since it was such a dead heat, they just went head first into a super conservative stance on everything. Seems like a slap in the face to decency. I mean his "address" to the nation was how he was going to work to reach "across the aisle" to democrats. How far from the truth that was.

Also I want to address the public discussions about possible terrorist threats to the election and so called plans to reschedule the election. I am really concerned here. Also the general discussion on how Tom Ridge seems to be calling these news conferences at very coincidental times to give "no new information". But alas I need to go to bed I think. I will try to address those points in the morning.

posted by digitaljay @ 10:39 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment