Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Enchiladas!!!

Last night I decided I was going to make green chile cheese enchiladas! Yeah, for those of you who aren't familiar with fine Mexican cuisine, enchiladas are corn tortillas filled with cheese, beef, chicken, or something else, and rolled or stacked on top of each other, then covered with sauce of some kind and baked till everything is nice and soft. Well needless to say it took some learning. Here is what happened with my first try.


Yeah I tried to roll the damn tortillas, and son of a b*tch, they all f***ing broke! So I was pretty bummed about that, but I would not be beaten! No! So I tried heating the oil before I dipped the tortillas in it. Then I let them sit in the oil for a bit. Well that did the trick, so an hour or so later:

Then after the sauce and cheese on top, they were ready to go into the oven. SUCCESS!!!!!!


They turned out pretty damn good!
posted by digitaljay @ 9:00 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment