Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Going Up Again

Yep, a barrel of crude oil has now passed $70 and hit above $72 today. An all time high. Isn't that great? I know, I know, adjusted for inflation it still isn't as bad as back in the 70s, great, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All I know is paying for gas to simply get back and forth to work is seriously eating into my ability to pay my bills and purchase other things. Gas prices here have now gone up over 13 cents in one day to average about $2.85 a gallon.



Why are we not publicly funding REAL hybrid and alternative fuel vehicle research and development? Anyone want to really think about this? Really roll it around in the noggin, even the least cynical person has to admit that the oil and gas industry is huge and it is not in their interest to actually allow alternative fuels to take off, this is counter productive to our national security, and must be responded to as such.

We are in a heap of trouble, and its going to get really bad soon, rather than later.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:47 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment