Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, September 09, 2004

A remembrance

I saw this on truthout.org and I thought I should link to it. This article includes the names and faces of the fallen in this war in Iraq.

This war is a terrible, terrible thing. I was against it from the beginning, and I still am, I am so sorry that we have lost so many in these last 18 months.

t r u t h o u t - FOCUS: The Faces of 1,000 Soldiers

My god these are OUR people! Take some time, look at the faces, I sit here and think that I am looking at a high school yearbook, but I am not, there is a big difference. All of these people are dead.

They died for a mistake.

Their deaths could have been prevented. These are 1,000 of OUR people 1,000 PEOPLE!!!!!!! 1,000 people that could still be here, if our president hadn't decided, for some reason, to go attack Iraq and move the war on terror from Afghanistan. Oh I don't know why. I don't know why. They had no PLAN for after the takeover, no plan, and that has costed us 1,000 of our own. This can NOT stand!

We must remove this man who has made such a grave MISTAKE.

Please take some time to see this article.

Thank you.
posted by digitaljay @ 8:26 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment