Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, October 18, 2004

The Media, the Mess

Synonymous.

Ok you all know that I have been pretty critical of the mainstream media on this blog. Well, I think it is with good reason. I REALLY think they have failed us. I am furious with the media, and apparently so is Jon Stewart.



Jon went on CNNs Crossfire on Friday and he ripped into them like nothing I have ever seen.

IFILM - Short Films: Jon Stewart's Brutal Exchange with CNN Host

PLEASE watch the video! It is amazing! He said everything that I have been thinking. It is brilliant! He says it with humour, and yet he is saying some really serious things.

Also check out the transcript, but really the way to see this is the video.
Jon Stewart on Crossfire [Media Matters for America]

Some choice quotes:
"STEWART: I'm here to confront you, because we need help from the media and they're hurting us."

....

"STEWART: You know, the interesting thing I have is, you have a responsibility to the public discourse, and you fail miserably.

CARLSON: You need to get a job at a journalism school, I think.

STEWART: You need to go to one.

The thing that I want to say is, when you have people on for just knee-jerk, reactionary talk...

CARLSON: Wait. I thought you were going to be funny. Come on. Be funny.

STEWART: No. No. I'm not going to be your monkey."
Really good stuff! Tucker Carlson is an idiot and Jon completely made him into a chump.

Anyways, tomorrow is exactly 2 weeks until the election. Get out there and vote folks. Vote early, get it done now, and avoid any problems on Election Day.
posted by digitaljay @ 9:31 PM MST

1 Comments:

On Tue Oct 19, 04:18:00 PM MDT, Blogger digitaljay said...
Yes I agree NsA this is a VERY scary time for our country! I am not sure what is going on, but we need to summon all our resolve to fix what is wrong, and the start is getting this man out of office on November 2nd!
 

Post a Comment