Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Al Franken Show Comes to NM

The Al Franken Show came to Albuquerque today. And even though we had the snowstorm of the decade for us here in Albuquerque, I made it down to the National Hispanic Cultural Center. After waiting for several hours of delay. The snow delayed Al's flight. I got to sit in the fourth row right in the middle. Usually I am on the left. I know hilarious.


Al came out and did some comedy to warm up the crowd, literally.


Then Al introduced his co-host Katherine Lanpher, and they sat down at their seats and prepared for the show.


They had several guests, including former U.S. Senator Fred Harris, who now teaches at the University of NM

After the show, Al signed autographs, and I waited at the end of the line for awhile. By the time I got to the front the GM was telling everyone to hurry up. So I handed my camera to one of the helpers, and asked him to take our picture.


Ok that guy looking like a weeping camel is me, wow, what a craning neck, great picture mr. helper. Oh and the guy on the left signing my book is Al Franken. I hoped for a side by side shot, but oh well.

So here is the autograph.


"To Jay, Best Wishes, Al Franken"

He made some comment about how my name sounded like a catholic name. I don't know, I always thought it was the lack of creativity of my parents. Oh well.

Tomorrow back to regular programming.
posted by digitaljay @ 8:40 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment