Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Lenient Sentence

Well I'll try not to be too reactionary, like all liberals are, but the man who was found guilty of "'evil conspiracy' to commit the Bali nightclub bombings that killed 202 people" was sentenced to only 30 months in prison in a court decision in Indonesia.

Indonesia Urges Respect for Court Decision on Bashir
"Indonesia urged foreign critics on Friday to respect a court decision sentencing a radical Muslim cleric to just 30 months in jail for involvement in the 2002 Bali bombings and acquitting him of more serious terrorism charges.

The United States and its key ally Australia, who see Abu Bakar Bashir as the head of the al Qaeda-linked regional militant network Jemaah Islamiah, have criticized the verdict and sentence delivered on Thursday as too lenient."
I think this is just a travesty. I don't know any of the details so I guess I will hold my tongue, but come on.

I think we need to find out what is going on in Indonesia. Put them on our radar screen and lets see what pops up.

We got out eyes on you.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:11 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment