Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Is This the End of the World?

Holy CRAP!!!!!!

Buckle your seat belts ladies and gentlemen!!! This is going to be like a nuclear explosion!

Ready?!

I AGREE with the current president. I won't use my usual name for him, but I won't use his "official" name either. You all know who I am talking about. Think landscape, then think about U's, specifically two U's. Ok.

I AGREE with him folks!!!

He gave a speech tonight that I missed because I was out bagging tumbleweeds the size of a small Volkswagen for 2.5 hours today after work. I know you are all disappointed in me for missing a prime time new conference my our president, if nothing else than to make fun of it, but I have just read this article and I must say for once this man has surprised me.

Bush Pitches Less Soc. Sec. for Better-Off

HOLY SH*T! Can you believe this? I would have never predicted that this man would suggest such a logical and decent idea, as to limit the Social Security benefits of the more well to do.

For those not into this whole Social Security debate, a brief recap.

SS is going to run out of its trust fund somewhere around 2042. Once that happens we need to figure out how to get more money into the system to keep paying people the current level of benefits, or reduce benefits in some way. No its not bankrupt. It is an oxymoron to say that this system can go bankrupt, since it is ALWAYS taking in money as long as some people are working, and putting money into the system.

ANYWAYS, the prez has been pushing this idea of private accounts, where workers could divert their SS payments into a private account and invest in the stock market. Problem is this is the opposite of what needs to be done to fix the SS problem. The system doesn't need less money coming in to it, it needs more.

So private accounts are simply a political ideological idea. Ok back to my point.
"President Bush, trying to set off a depth charge under
Social Security negotiations, on Thursday proposed asking future middle and higher-income retirees to accept smaller benefit checks than they're currently slated to receive.

In a prime-time news conference, Bush said a system in which benefits for low-income workers 'grow faster than for people who are better off would solve much of the solvency problem' facing the government retirement program."
Well, so there you go. One point to agree on. Although as I have said before, the devil is in the details.

Apparently he did also say that private accounts MUST be in the solution, which is just stupid. So back to the norm. Way to go idiot!

Ok the END.
posted by digitaljay @ 9:35 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment