Disconnected Rumblings

Friday, August 05, 2005

A/C and shrub's Ratings

Well I had to stay home today for the air conditioner repair technician to come out to take a look at my air conditioner. Very frustrating experience, they were supposed to come between 10-12. They didn't, I called and they said they would send the next available technician out. They didn't, I called back nearly 2 hours later, they then connected me to the original technician who said he would be here maybe in an hour or so, but he was so busy he would only do part of the job, and then I could call back when they aren't so busy to have the rest fixed. Well I called the office about an hour later, they then AGAIN said they would send the next available tech out. This NEW tech calls me and tells me he will be here in an hour, by this point it is somewhere around 4pm! He finally showed up at 6pm!!!!! I had waited for 8 hours and lost a vacation day.

The worst part is he tells me when my A/C was installed 4 years ago they did it wrong and it is now causing damage to my A/C. Great, he said for the bargain price of $785 he could do something to "try" to fix the symptoms that I am having now (which is not cooling well on very hot days), but that it may not work. So anyways I am out of warranty on this, and it infuriates me that because the installers just didn't care I now may have to buy a WHOLE new A/C unit for the wonderful price of $3500 or so!

Great.

Ok on to politics of the day.

Poll: Fewer Americans Think Bush Is Honest
"Less than half of Americans now say they think President Bush is honest, according to an AP-Ipsos poll taken at a time of increasing concerns about Iraq, a potential problem for a president who won re-election declaring that 'people know where I stand.'"
The numbers are 48 percent say they think shrub is honest, and 50 percent say they think shrub is not honest. Maybe people are finally catching on.

Ok I could go on, but I don't have it in me right now, I am not too happy about this A/C situation. So have a good weekend everyone.
posted by digitaljay @ 7:35 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment