Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brown is a Cocky Bastard

Yes that is what I said. Brown testified before a sort of joint congressional inquiry today, and he was belligerent as hell.

Brown Shifts Blame for Katrina Response
"A combative Michael Brown blamed the Louisiana governor, the New Orleans mayor and even the Bush White House that appointed him for the dismal response to Hurricane Katrina in a fiery appearance Tuesday before Congress. In response, lawmakers alternately lambasted and mocked the former FEMA director.
...
'My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional,' Brown told a special panel set up by House Republican leaders to investigate the catastrophe.
...
'I very strongly personally regret that I was unable to persuade Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin to sit down, get over their differences and work together,' Brown said. 'I just couldn't pull that off.'"
I would like to slap the taste out of that bastard's mouth. Not even a hint of a conciliatory tone. Throw the blame to EVERYONE except yourself, it makes me sick.

You are going to have to ultimately answer for the responsibility that you have shirked, and I don't think it will be pretty. To be sure, local, state, AND federal levels of government failed. But to claim that you are not to blame is ridiculous.
"Brown, who remains on FEMA's payroll for two more weeks before he leaves his annual $148,000 post, rejected accusations that he was inexperienced for the job he held for more than two years...

...'I know what I'm doing, and I think I do a pretty darn good job of it,' he said."
You cocky son of a bitch! You can rot! Who puffed up your resume? Hmmm? Why are you still on the payroll? Hmmm? Man I wish you would get beat BAD. Yeah I want you to get a good old fashioned beat down. Take some god damn responsibility dammit! EVERYONE must be held accountable for their actions, and NON actions.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:30 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment