Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, September 12, 2005

Good Riddance

The head of FEMA has resigned! Thank god, he will no longer be a stain on government, well on FEMA at least.

Head of US disaster agency quits after hurricane chaos
"The head of the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) quit, yielding to a torrent of criticism over the government's response to the Hurricane Katrina crisis.
...
Time magazine said Brown lacked emergency relief experience before he joined the agency as a Bush appointee in 2001 and that there were discrepancies in his official FEMA resume and a White House press release from 2001.

The Washington Post said that five of eight top FEMA officials, including Brown, had virtually no experience in handling disasters.

The agency's top three leaders had ties to Bush's 2000 presidential campaign or to the White House advance operation, the Post said."
You know, Brown finally did the right thing in resigning, because I don't think the president would have had the balls to do it. Yeah I said that, I did. He would never admit a mistake such as hiring a completely inexperienced man to head FEMA. No, no he would not do that, so thanks Mike Brown, for finally doing something right, because god knows you certainly didn't do anything right in the last 2 weeks.

And can we talk about how the hell five of the top eight FEMA officials have virtually no experience in disaster handling? Hey shrub apologizers, what do you have to say about this one? Seriously I have heard so many excuses for this sorry excuse for a president from these people who shrub could do no wrong with. It just makes me sick that you people can't just admit when he makes a mistake, what is the harm? Seriously?

Oh and Rep Bud, instead of sending me an email why don't you post a comment? The email you sent me makes me sick. It is so partisan and the underlying racism makes me want to vomit. I'm sorry I'm not going to hold back anymore, I have tried to be as non-partisan in the last two weeks as I could, but I have had it.

So to answer you wing nuts, yes response to this hurricane was a failure all across the board from local to state, to federal. But as the idiot has said before; "the buck stops here (at the prez's desk)" So take some f**king responsibility and stop trying to counter blame EVERYONE else.

So to Mike Brown, GOOD RIDDANCE!
posted by digitaljay @ 10:54 PM MST

1 Comments:

On Tue Sep 13, 09:01:00 AM MDT, Blogger digitaljay said...
There you go again! Call us juveniles and you all are adults, because we don't agree with you!

What a bunch of bullshit! And listen up goddamn it, it wasn't ME and MY party who started pointing fingers, it was EVERYONE including FOX-FUCKING-NEWS!!!! They were screaming that the federal government, specifically the national guard and FEMA were NOT helping these people so shut up!

I dish out no lies, NAME one I have said about this storm! NAME IT!!!! We don't have all the facts in yet, I have simply reported what I have heard happened. I have offered my OPINION on who I thought was to blame for specific incidences.

What does a death toll figure that has thank god, not been reached have to do with anything?! Oh because so far its only 279 (actually 500) dead loving souls, then it is ok? What the hell are you trying to say?

And don't you DARE, don't you DARE tell me I am spewing HATE. I am mad because I LOVE my country, I love the people of New Orleans, I LOVE the people of the gulf coast, and I am mad as hell when they are left to die, no matter WHO is at fault!

And that is one thing that I don't think YOU and YOUR party get! You are so quick to offer excuses for the politicians in YOUR party and to hurl accusations at people in the other party, that you don't care to get the facts and then judge.

Disgusting.
 

Post a Comment