Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Disaster

The news out of New Orleans is just so sad, and disturbing. I'm sure you all have heard the developments today. All I can say is good god. The details are gruesome.

Some positive news:

Senate Approves $10.5B in Hurricane Aid
"Congress rushed to provide a $10.5 billion down payment in relief aid for Gulf Coast victims of Hurricane Katrina on Thursday as President Bush ordered new action to minimize disruptions in the nation's energy supplies. The Senate approved the measure Thursday night, and the House will convene at noon on Friday to speed the measure to Bush's desk."
Now where the hell is the National Guard? Where the hell are the emergency services, food, water? God dammit it has been 5 DAYS since this storm hit. It looks like we are completely disorganized. The things I have seen on my television in the last 3 days I just can't believe is happening in my country.

I am frustrated, I want answers! Help these people, NOW.
posted by digitaljay @ 11:04 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment