Disconnected Rumblings

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Time to Bike It

Oh SH*T!!!!!!! This is scary.

Pricing experts says $4 a gallon gas on the horizon - Aug. 31, 2005
"Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.

'There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon,' Ben Brockwell, director of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. 'The question is how high will it go and how long will it last?'"
If this happens, I really think things would change here, in the U.S.. I know I would certainly curtail my driving, and I might even consider biking the 12 miles each way to work several days a week.

Man that would really hurt the wallet. I have a 15 gallon tank in my Honda Accord, which would mean a $60 fill up. I get around 25 miles to the gallon, so that would be $4 a day to drive to work and back. Ouch!!!

Ok time to eat Ramen Noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

posted by digitaljay @ 4:01 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment