Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gravestone Ads

Well we knew it would come to this. The Pentagon has started putting what I consider advertisements for their war PR on the gravestones of the men and women who have died in that war.



Troops' Gravestones Have Pentagon Slogans - Yahoo! News
"Unlike earlier wars, nearly all Arlington National Cemetery gravestones for troops killed in Iraq or Afghanistan are inscribed with the slogan-like operation names the Pentagon selected to promote public support for the conflicts."
Sigh.
posted by digitaljay @ 11:14 PM MST

1 Comments:

On Thu Aug 25, 09:21:00 AM MDT, Blogger digitaljay said...
AH HA HA. You are hilarious. It doesn't make me feel any better that they are putting an ad on a headstone if a family wants, and you believe they will remove it from the stone if that family doesn't want it. It's still a troubling thing when war slogans created to drum up support for wars is inscribed on a head stone.

And yes please let me know what right wing hack job site you get your info about Al Franken from. I would LOVE to hear about this story, which I am sure is very true.

As far as Able Danger, I'm very sorry that story broke when I was on vacation, and was actually, GASP, away from the news. But yes I have not mentioned it here yet, I have not had much time to write in my blog as of late, so for that I am sorry. But yeah blame Clinton, it was all HIS fault obviously. Because he got a PDB that said "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the United States" and then stayed on vacation and did nothing, and didn't call a meeting with his counter terrorism czar. Yeah anyways, you Republicans are funny.
 

Post a Comment