Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Slog

Well I don't know what to say. I have been quite depressed thinking about what has happened, and continues to happen in the gulf. I feel like this is a tragedy on par with September 11th, but I don't feel like America puts this on the same level. It seems like people are forgetting this tragedy already. They are turning away from it, going on with their lives.

My heart ACHES for these people, for what brutal realities it has revealed in this country of mine. It makes me sad for our future, it makes me sad to realize just how incapable our government is at protecting US. That, I believe, is government's central role in society, to protect us, protect us the best they can. I don't believe they can anymore.

And don't call me a silly idealist, I am no idiot, I know the government can't protect us from everything, I am not asking for that, I am asking for them to protect us from known threats, like HURRICANES, and terrorist attacks, to the best of their ability.

So I don't know what else to say. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

Pile it on:

How Reliable Is Brown's Resume?
A TIME investigation reveals discrepancies in the FEMA chief's official biographies


RESIGN!!!!! The only honorable thing to do you BASTARD!
posted by digitaljay @ 10:32 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment