Disconnected Rumblings

Friday, September 09, 2005

About F**KING Time!


Embattled FEMA Chief Removed from Hurricane Relief Efforts

"Michael Brown, the embattled head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, was removed today from a direct role in running the relief and recovery efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Michael Chertoff, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, announced.
...
He was replaced by Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad W. Allen, Chertoff said.
...
Chertoff made the announcement at a brief, hastily announced press conference in Baton Rouge, La., with Brown at his side. He would not let Brown respond to questions."
Next fire his unqualified ass!!!!

God I am STILL seething mad about all of this. I don't know what else to say. The reports today are saying, based on visual inspection, that they believe the body count is much lower than initially thought. I can only hope that this is the case.

As you all know this weekend we observe the 4th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. What a horrible time for our country, remembrance of this tragedy in the midst of this current tragedy.

I am going to Denver this weekend to visit my friend Ron who is up there for the Dave Matthews concert. So I would normally post on September 11th, but I will be driving back late that day. I will try to post that night if I can. Until then I wish you all the best, in this difficult weekend.
posted by digitaljay @ 8:38 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment