Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, November 28, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust

Republican US Congressman pleads guilty to corruption charges
"A Republican US congressman resigned after pleading guilty to taking 2.4 million dollars in bribes in return from a military contractor to influence the award of defense deals."
Oh isn't that nice. No no, this Republican party is not corrupt, come on.
"He admitted taking money from a military contractor in return for supporting the firm's drive to secure US Defense Department contracts. He also admitted charges of mail fraud, wire fraud and tax evasion for underreporting his income in 2004.

Cunningham, an eight-term congressman, decorated Vietnam War fighter pilot and a member of the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, announced he was resigning immediately from the House of Representatives.

'I'm resigning from the House of Representatives because I've compromised the trust of my constituents,' Cunningham told reporters outside court. 'The truth is I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office."
Open seat. I think this should be an easy pick up for the Dems. Keep them indictments coming.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:57 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment