Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, January 09, 2006

Another Week

Well, I admit, I only posted once last week. It was a busy week. I had to get ready for my friends Matt and Laurie coming. But I promise this week I will be better.

Today the confirmation hearings for Samuel Alito began. And as expected Alito says he will not bring an agenda to the court. Yeah we will see about that. I mean what is he going to say? Yeah I am going to be a political ideologue who will rule in conjunction with this administration? Come on. But ah so it looks as if he will be confirmed. So sad. It really is too bad that the idiot won a second term, oh well. Yes I am resigned.

Bush's Supreme Court nominee insists he will be impartial
"Samuel Alito, George W. Bush's conservative nominee to be a Supreme Court justice, insisted in opening statements that he would be a flexible and impartial jurist if approved for the job.

'A judge can't have any agenda,' said Alito, speaking on the first day of what is likely to be a contentious week of Senate confirmation hearings."
In other news, Tom Delay was denied was denied a request to dismiss the money laundering charges against him.Texas court denies DeLay bid to quash criminal case
"Texas' highest criminal court on Monday denied a request by Republican U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay to toss out criminal money laundering charges against him or grant him a quick trial."
Looks like he will actually have to face justice for once.

A culture of corruption. Good luck in the midterm elections coming up this year. I predict some big losses for the old GOP.
posted by digitaljay @ 9:51 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment