Disconnected Rumblings

Saturday, August 07, 2004

georgie shrub and the terrible, horrible newspapers

I have always said, that georgie shrub is not really a bad man himself, but rather his problem is the people he surrounds himself with. I have always thought that he is like a kid in the factory, he sees lots of cranks and buttons, but doesn't know what to do, so he asks the guy next to him to do it for him. This article I just read illustrates this point rather well I think.

The Online Beat: "When asked last fall by Fox News anchor Brit Hume how he gets his news, Bush said he asks an aide, 'What's in the newspapers worth worrying about?' The president added that, 'I glance at the headlines just to kind of (get) a flavor of what's moving. I rarely the stories...'
Instead of gathering information himself, Bush said he prefers to 'get briefed by people who probably read the news themselves' and 'people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world.' "

I don't know you think about this point, but to me it says alot, that the man doesn't even want to read the newspaper himself.

Further the article mentions:

"I read four or five papers a day if I can," said Kerry, when asked about his newspaper reading habits."...

..."Those patterns are similar to most former presidents. Dwight Eisenhower read nine papers daily, Ronald Reagan was such an avid consumer of newspapers that his ex-wife Jane Wyman complained about his print media obsessions, and Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton were known to go through stacks of papers each day. But Kerry's penchant for the papers clearly distinguishes him from the current President Bush."


Well anyways, there it is, for what its worth.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:20 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment