Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Democratic National Convention Day 2

Ok well what a night! Another great night of the Democratic National Convention. First off. Barack Obama is going to be a star very soon! If he runs for President one day, I will vote for him, and I guarantee you will too. He gave an amazing speech tonight, and I wish I had some quotes for you, but I did not have a chance to jot any down. When I find an article on his speech I will link to it here.

Ok I didn't have a chance to catch all of Edward Kennedy's speech, but I will try to rewatch it and make some comments. I also didn't catch Dick Gephardt, and I will tell you why. Michael Moore was on Bill O'Reilly. I do have to say that I think Bill O'Reilly got the better of Michael Moore. I will have more to say about this later.

Howard Dean spoke as well, he was ok, nothing special.

Ron Reagan also spoke, yes Ron Reagan, son of Ronald Reagan, our 40th President of the United States. He spoke about stem cell research and how this party believes that it needs to be allowed, while the republicans do not, and he urged everyone to vote for a party that supports it. He was great, he speech was great!

Also Ilana Wexler, a 12 year old, that's right a twelve year old who founded Kids for Kerry. She was an amazing speaker, I couldn't believe that she was 12. I think one day she will be one hell of a politician.

And that leads me to Teresa Heinz Kerry. I think she gave a great speech as well. She spoke to women like I have not heard any possible first ladies. I really believe everything that this women says she says from the heart and truthfully.

And all of this praise brings me to disgust. I just found out that NONE of the big three networks CBS, NBC, or ABC covered the convention at ALL tonight. NONE at ALL. They cut down their measly 1 hour a night coverage to 0 hour coverage tonight. I am deeply disgusted with all the networks. Because the 10pm EDT hour that the networks usually cover, had GREAT speeches tonight that I think could have reached many undecided voters and possibly swayed them. Once again DISGUSTED! Please everyone watch PBS at least, and C-SPAN if you can. Hey that rhymed, but nevermind. OH SNAP!!!!!!

Ok back to reality. I would like to mention that the AP story in this mornings newspapers used both Bill Clinton quotes that I wrote here last night. That's right, I can pick 'em!

Thank You, Goodnight!
posted by digitaljay @ 9:06 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment