Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, July 22, 2004

A sad day


Well the 9/11 Commission Report was released today.  I downloaded the full nearly 600 page report and read the first chapter section about the hijackings of the planes.  All I can say is that it brings back the terrible memories of that day in a vivid form.  I am angry and sad all over again.  Some details in that first section are hard to read.  I can't help but think at each juncture in the recount of this morning how this possibly could have been changed, how this possibly could have been different.

Now I am not claiming that this could have been completely prevented, as there is simply no way to back up this claim, with all the variables that were at play.  But I do believe that small changes could have averted the full catastrophe as we know it.

Well I don't know what else to say.  I hope to god that something like this never ever happens again.
posted by digitaljay @ 11:39 AM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment