Disconnected Rumblings

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Gay marriage, the end of the world, and other oxymorons

Well well well. Sorry my republican friends, but you have lost the battle. The vote to try to amend the constitution, YES AMEND the most hallowed document of our civilization, to ban same sex marriage was put down. I'm sorry all you gay haters but you lost! Now you can go back to trying to ban "Orientals" from coming into your local bar, and trying to "pick up" your womens.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?! I cannot understand how we can get to a point in our society where the leader of the free world suggests that we amend our founding document, just so that all the homophobes can feel safe at night in their bed f***ing their wives in the missionary position, without having to worry about the gay sex fiend waiting to have a go at their dark place. I mean come on, I am sad and dismayed at this country. I know we are better than this. Can't people realize that Bush is just trying to distract us from the Iraq war and the economy? It's a thinly disguised veil. Is that even a saying? Oh well.

I went to the New Voters Project meeting tonight. Its an organization that is trying to get young people between the ages of 18-24 to register to vote. Only 31% of people 18-24 voted in the 2000 election, and politicians completely ignore the issues of this age group. So we are out to make the politicians listen to us by getting as many young people to vote as we can. Anyways I had a good time. We went out to a local bar and had some drinks and good conversation. I am really glad that I joined. It was good to talk to people in this state about something a little more interesting than whether it is going to rain here in the next goddamn month or not(its a desert people!). Anyways I have to go to bed, more ranting tomorrow.
posted by digitaljay @ 11:20 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment