Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, July 19, 2004

These Irish Eyes

So I saw Anchorman last week, I forgot to mention it.  It was ok, funny, but I wouldn't say it was great or anything.  This past weekend we watched The Station Agent.  I enjoyed this movie alot, Peter Dinklage(Elf) is a really good actor.  Yeah I really liked it, I don't think Leah enjoyed it as much as I did though, but I will give it a thumbs up.
 
Ok I wasn't going to talk about politics in this post, but dammit, I just can't do it!
AlterNet: MediaCulture: Fox News: Unfair and Unbalanced
I think Fox News is disgraceful.  They sued Al Franken for using "Fair and Balanced" claiming it was their trademark.  The judge threw it out luckily, saying it was "wholly without merit,  both factually and legally."  He went on further,
"From a legal point of view," said Judge Chin, "I think it is highly unlikely that the phrase 'fair and balanced' is a valid trademark. I can't accept that that phrase can be plucked out of the marketplace of ideas and slogans."
So Alternet and its parent company The Independent Media Institute have challenged Fox News trademark right before the deadline to contest it ran out.  I think Fox should be stripped of their ridiculous trademark of "Fair and Balanced".  Ok that's it.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:00 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment