Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ridge Resigns



Homeland Security Director Tom Ridge resigned today. I thought he was a fine governor of PA, but I don't really think he did the best job as Homeland Security Director. What bothers me is when he says, how the country is safer. I am not so sure. And I think it contributes to people having a false sense of security.

Ridge Resigns Homeland Security Post
" 'There will always be more to do, but today, America is significantly stronger and safer than ever before,' Ridge wrote Bush."
I'm sorry, saying that America is significantly stronger is not right. People need to be aware, but at the same time, we don't need to be fearmongered to. Both of those things, Ridge is guilty of doing. Hopefully someone will come in who will take a different approach. I look forward to the person that shrub nominates.

But I digress.
posted by digitaljay @ 8:41 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment