Disconnected Rumblings

Friday, November 26, 2004

The Draft

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Leah and I made our first turkey dinner last night. It was an interesting adventure, and pretty successful. I did burn my hand on the side of the oven, and we did make a few recipe mistakes, that made our turkey a little more garlicy than we had anticipated, and our stuffing a little more seasoned than we would have liked. And the mixer I bought to make the mashed potatoes only came with ONE beater! (we found that out right before we were going to mash the potatoes) But anyways overall it was very good. I used an electric carving knife for the first time! It was fun!

Now the title. The Draft. No not that one, the other one. No not the NFL Draft, the other one. The ONE that has swept through my house! Man oh man I have never had a worse draft in any place I have lived, I don't think. I have a big double window right next to me on the couch here in the living room. And boy oh boy does the draft just breeze through those windows. Last year I tried the plastic, but my windows don't have any wooden frame to attach the tape too. I attached it to the metal window frame but within days the moisture dislodged the tape adhesion and there went the plastic. So this year I am thinking about some heavy drapes. How about these?

I am going to try to re-caulk the windows and attach the plastic with tape on the side walls (sill) around the window. We shall see how that goes. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Anyways, as much as I want to, I am not going to talk politics today. Everyone have a good weekend, and the politics will start up again on Monday, I promise.
posted by digitaljay @ 8:52 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment