Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, November 15, 2004

Powell Steps Down; Rice: A Dish Better Served Cold

Well Colin Powell has resigned.

Powell Vows to Work Hard Until Departure

He was one of the few members of this administration who was not an intensely partisan ideologue. I respected Colin Powell very much, and I really felt that he did all he could to fight the neo-cons and their agenda of radicalism. However I believe he chose loyalty for the president over integrity when he went before the UN to make the case for war in Iraq.

That really saddened me. While I am glad to see Powell leave this administration, which I think has left this good man tainted, I am also fearful of what his replacement will do to our already tenuous foreign relations. Colin Powell was still of the old guard of foreign diplomats. Most of the world respected Powell very much.

The news is that shrub is going to name Condoleezza Rice as Powell's replacement.

Bush Chooses Rice to Replace Powell

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with that news. Rice has been, for me, a symbol of the type of administration that I greatly loath and detest. The number of times that she has been a mouthpiece for administration propaganda, is too numerous to count.

Maybe tomorrow when I have more time I will highlight some of her wonderful truth stretching moments on many news shows. The best for me though, was when she went on tour to campaign for the president instead of doing her duty as the National Security Advisor. Seeing as she is apparently of little worth in that area, shrub has moved her over to State. Well wonderful.

Call me a cynic, but the next four years are not looking good in my eyes.
posted by digitaljay @ 9:16 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment