Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Drugs are Good MMMMMkay!

Report: 44% of Americans medicated

That is right 44%! I think it is time to re-evaluate where our society is going. I don't want to sound like a republican (who wants to regulate your personal life), but I really think we need to consider what we are doing to our populace.

Granted there are many people who NEED these medications, but at the same time, there are MANY who don't need all the medications that are being prescribed for them.
"Usage peaked at 84 percent for people aged 65 and over, with the top rate at 89 percent for black women over 65.

Even for people under age 18, however, nearly one-fourth -- 24.1 percent -- were taking at least one prescription medication."
Yeah the kids are on DRUGS! All the more interesting considering this article.

Phyllis Schlafly: No child left unmedicated
"Big Brother is on the march. A plan to subject all children to mental health screening is under way, and pharmaceutical companies are gearing up for bigger sales of psychotropic drugs."
I am by NO means against going to a psychiatrist, or proper mental health care. But to simply subject ALL children, even pre-schoolers to mental health screening, I just don't think that is the right way to go.
"The commission recommends "routine and comprehensive" testing and mental health screening for every child in the United States, including preschoolers. The president has instructed 25 federal agencies to develop a plan to implement the commission's recommendations."
Yeah I'm sorry, I just can't support this;

Call me crazy!

In other news, Leah and I broke up tonight. I don't usually talk much about my personal life on this blog, but I needed to mention this here. Leah and I have been together for nearly a year, and she has been a huge part of my life. I am going to miss her immensely.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the topic I promised I would talk about tonight, will have to wait until tomorrow, sorry everybody. Who am I kidding, no one is reading this. :(
posted by digitaljay @ 10:02 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment