Disconnected Rumblings

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Bolton Vote Tomorrow

Well it is time again. Looks like tomorrow we will get a vote on whether to send the nomination of John Bolton for ambassador to the UN to the full Senate, for a confirmation vote.

It seems rather assured that Bolton will pass the Senate Foreign Relations Committee tomorrow and end up in front of the full Senate. All I can say to the committee is, please make sure you are voting your conscience and not just voting party line. Because this appointment is of serious consequence.

We NEED the world with us, not resenting us. And if you can't see that, then I am sorry. Get back to me in five years.
posted by digitaljay @ 10:18 PM MST

1 Comments:

On Thu May 12, 04:25:00 PM MDT, Blogger digitaljay said...
Ok I will try to remain civil to one of my oldest Republican foes, but I am getting rather sick of your cynical comments.

First off, why can you not understand that believing that John Bolton is the wrong man for the job of UN Ambass, does NOT mean I don't think the UN has some serious reforming to do. Jesus Christ! How clearly do people have to say it, people like Voinovich, who today said this of Bolton,

"It is my opinion that John Bolton is the poster child of what someone in the diplomatic corps should not be."

And Georgia? Yeah ok, he was so "well" received there that they found a grenade 100ft from where he was standing. Oh I know, it wasn't live, so uh... they love him!

Good luck with that denial bud.

Once again sorry for the scathing, but it needed to be said.
 

Post a Comment