Disconnected Rumblings

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Democratic National Convention Day 4



John Kerry has accepted the nomination for the Democratic presidential candidate of the United States of America. He gave an awesome speech, the best I have ever heard him give. He made me proud to be an American, proud to be part of this democratic process, and proud to be a Democrat.

Here's a transcript.

Here's an excerpt:
"My parents inspired me to serve, and when I was a junior in high school, John Kennedy called my generation to service. It was the beginning of a great journey -- a time to march for civil rights, for voting rights, for the environment, for women and for peace. We believed we could change the world. And you know what? We did.

But we're not finished. The journey isn't complete. The march isn't over. The promise isn't perfected. Tonight, we're setting out again. And together, we're going to write the next great chapter of America's story."
Next up, he talks about what he will do when he is president.
"I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war. I will have a vice president who will not conduct secret meetings with polluters to rewrite our environmental laws. I will have a Secretary of Defense who will listen to the best advice of our military leaders. And I will appoint an Attorney General who actually upholds the Constitution of the United States."
And another AWESOME quote:
"I defended this country as a young man and I will defend it as president. Let there be no mistake: I will never hesitate to use force when it is required. Any attack will be met with a swift and certain response."
And now a little dig at those Republicans who call us dissenters unpatriotic, or worse, traitors:
"That flag doesn't belong to any president. It doesn't belong to any ideology and it doesn't belong to any political party. It belongs to all the American people."
Come on give me more you say?
"We believe that what matters most is not narrow appeals masquerading as values, but the shared values that show the true face of America. Not narrow appeals that divide us, but shared values that unite us. Family and faith. Hard work and responsibility. Opportunity for all -- so that every child, every parent, every worker has an equal shot at living up to their God-given potential."
Tell him John, tell HIM!!
"...I don't wear my own faith on my sleeve. But faith has given me values and hope to live by, from Vietnam to this day, from Sunday to Sunday. I don't want to claim that God is on our side. As Abraham Lincoln told us, I want to pray humbly that we are on God's side."
And finally,
"That is the kind of America I will lead as president -- an America where we are all in the same boat. Never has there been a more urgent moment for Americans to step up and define ourselves. I will work my heart out. But, my fellow citizens, the outcome is in your hands more than mine.

It is time to reach for the next dream. It is time to look to the next horizon. For America, the hope is there. The sun is rising. Our best days are still to come."

"America can do better. And help is on the way."

P.S......

Kerry's daughters, Vanessa and Alexandra.
Alexandra; HOTTIE!!!! Oh YEEEEAAHHHH!


Have a good night America!
posted by digitaljay @ 9:55 PM MST

1 Comments:

On Tue Aug 03, 07:52:00 PM MDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dude, the Bush daughters are some kind of Hot and you know they aren't going to grow up to look like Teresa (or John's first wife, whatever her name is)
 

Post a Comment