Disconnected Rumblings

Monday, December 13, 2004

In the News

Well another week is before us. I had a good weekend. My friend Geoff was here and we went downtown and had a good time. But now another week starts and I can't wait for it to end. Let's see what's in the news.

McCain Has 'No Confidence' in Rumsfeld
"U.S. Sen. John McCain said Monday that he has 'no confidence' in Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, citing Rumsfeld's handling of the war in Iraq and the failure to send more troops."
I know Rep Bud, McCain is a RINO (Republican In Name Only) right? Ah well if it means anything to you, this is one republican that I would actually consider voting for. So yeah he must be a RINO!

But seriously, I think Rumsfeld has been a terrible Sec of Defense. I can't fathom how shrub would ask him to stay on. I mean this man has presided over the Abu Ghraib prison scandal with NO accountability. He was the one who had this brilliant idea to go into Iraq light in forces. I think that has been shown to be a complete failure. But I digress.

Oh and the Iraqi Interim President finally seems to be able to say things freely.
"As insurgents continued to step up attacks against U.S. and Iraqi forces ahead of next month's elections, the country's interim president said Washington was wrong for dismantling Iraq's security forces, including its 350,000-strong army, after last year's invasion.

'Definitely dissolving the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Interior was a big mistake,' Ghazi al-Yawer told British Broadcasting Corp. radio, saying it would have been more effective to screen out former regime loyalists than to rebuild from scratch."
Yes, exactly, and why have nearly no one questioned this? Completely dissolving the Iraqi army and security forces was disastrous. It just goes to show that this administration had NO plan for after the war. How shrub can get off scott free on this point is beyond me.
posted by digitaljay @ 7:45 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment