Disconnected Rumblings

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Music, Memories and the Bitter Taste of Regret

I really don't feel like writing a political post today. I am not in the mood to do it. I was driving to work today and I put on a Coldplay CD.

Things not to do after a breakup:
Well I did both of those things today. So please excuse my excursion into my mind, and heart for this one post.

Coldplay - "The Scientist"
"...Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh lets go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it’s such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said that it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start.."
I want to go back to the start. Things were so beautiful then.

Oh the memories.
Oh the bitter taste of regret.

Jeff Buckley - "Last Goodbye"
"This is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die
But it's over
Just hear this and then I'll go :
you gave me more to live for,
more than you'll ever know.
....
You know,
it makes me so angry 'cause I know that in time
I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye..."
I know that in time, I'll only make you cry. What a terrible thought indeed.

Oh the memories.
Oh the bitter taste of regret.
posted by digitaljay @ 9:38 PM MST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment